Monday, July 27, 2009

Sweet Potato Fries

Posted By Tami Haws:

sweet potato - no need to peel
a little olive oil
garlic salt
onion powder

Cut potatoes into thin or thick strips. I like then about 1/2 inch thick. Put in bowl put enough oil in and toss to coat potatoes. Season with garlic and onion powder. NOTE I over season because some of it will cook off in the oven. Put them on a cookie sheet make sure they are all separated and spread out. Put in a 425 degree oven. I have not timed these but I believe it is about 15 20 min. or until lightly browned. I like then a little more darker. I don't like them sweet. I like them with a BBQ fry sauce. Mix a little mayo and BBQ sauce together. But if you like the sweeter fries try this. Instead of seasoning them with garlic and onion powder try cooking them just in the oil then when you take them out let them cool slightly and sprinkle them with brown sugar.

No comments: