Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Creamy Tomato Basil Soup

Me and my family love this soup (Hadley's favorite!). I often make it for lunch because it is so quick and easy to make. I kinda took two different recipes and made my own so I don't have exact measurements, but you will get the idea.












1 large 26 oz. can of condensed tomato soup.

4 oz of cream cheese

1 cup of beef broth

1 cup of chicken broth

1 cup of 1/2 and 1/2 or cream (optional)

Large handful of fresh basil leaves chopped (I buy or grow fresh basil and then put it in small ziplock bags and freeze it. It stays really fresh that way.) If you don't have that then add 2 T. of italian seasoning or dried basil.

I don't usually use sugar but in one of the recipes it says to add a Tablespoon or so of it, so taste it and see what you think.

*put all of the ingredients in a large sauce pan and heat through. After the cream cheese starts to melt I like to pour the soup into the blender and blend it up because the cream cheese stays chunky and that will smooth the soup out more. I also like to serve with Mustard grilled cheese sandwiches! sounds weird but put mustard on them before grilling it is so good.

No comments: